Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Miserable @ Home

I miss everyone. I am home with a really bad sinus infection, and will probably be out tomorrow (Wed.) as well.

I heard both classes were very productive with Mrs. Moreno yesterday. I am glad 702 began the lit circle discussions, and shared what was easy and tough about the process. Remember to read over the break. Our next dicussions for 702 will be the Monday we return from break; 731 will discuss for a second time the Tuesday we return.

You are working on memory poems. These poems are sensory - meaning that they use the five senses to show the reader the story, rather than use common words to tell the story. SHOW NOT TELL!
Experiment with using all the strategies we have learned so far. Use them where they apply. Don't force them.

If you have any questions about the poetry or the lit circle reading, you can email me @ SMarks4@schools.nyc.gov.

Speak with you soon!

No comments:

Followers